- Covid-19 Consent Form PDF
To the Patients, Parents, Family and Friends of Budd Orthodontics
All of us at Budd Orthodontics hope that you are all coping well during this challenging time. Our team has really missed each of you and are very excited at the prospect of re-opening and being able to continue the high quality of orthodontic care that you have come to expect. We wanted to update you about our anticipated re-opening and the steps that we are taking to ensure a continued safe environment for both you and our team.
Since our office closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Dr. Budd has been busy contacting his patients to touch base and let them know that he is here for you. Those of you with active braces or appliances were invited to have a “virtual” appointment in your homes. Dr. Budd really enjoyed being invited into your lives to meet your families, see your pets and view your beautiful homes.
When the provincial government announced BC’s Restart Plan on May 5th, dental offices were included as part of Phase 2, with reopenings under enhanced protocols. Given the current physical distancing protocols that are necessary, our practice will be doing a “soft” reopening and it will not be business as usual right away. Our primary goal, above all others, is to ensure the safety of our patients and our team members. The number of patients that we are able to see in a day will be reduced and some procedures will need to be postponed until we have further guidance from Dr. Bonnie Henry and the College of Dental Surgeons of BC.
Seven weeks of patients have had their appointments cancelled. As you can imagine, rebooking them will be a daunting task. We request your patience and ask that you do not call the office to book an appointment. We will be triaging each patient and contacting you in a specific order based on the urgency of your case, the length of time since your last appointment and the stage of treatment that you are at. Emergencies will continue to be defined by unmanageable pain or bleeding. For now, broken brackets or loose wires do not constitute an emergency.
Office visit protocol will be changed significantly for the time being:
- When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car and call us to let us know you have arrived. We will text you when it is time for you to come in for your appointment. Please be on time for your appointment. If you are more than 5 minutes late, we may have to ask you to reschedule.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it to the appointment. It will be worn until you are seated in the chair and ready for your adjustment. It can be a simple home made face covering if you do not have a commercially made mask.
- Only the patient who is being treated will be allowed to enter the office. The only exception for this will be for very young patients and in those cases, only one parent/caregiver may accompany the patient. Absolutely no other family member or friends will be allowed inside the office.
- Your temperature will be taken by a team member using a touchless thermometer. If your temperature is over 100°F, you will be asked to leave and not return for the specified 14 day self-quarantine requirement.
- A simple questionnaire assessing your contacts, recent travel, and well-being will be asked to all patients. If we have any concerns with the answers to these questions, the patient will be asked to leave and not return for the specified 14 day self-quarantine requirement.
- The tooth brushing station will be used as a hand washing/sanitizing station required of every patient before being seated. There will be no tooth brushing…please ensure that you have thoroughly brushed and flossed your teeth prior to arriving for your appointment.
- The patient washroom will not be available…please ensure that you use the facilities at home before you leave for your appointment.
- Upon completion of your appointment, the patient will be assigned his/her next appointment and will pick it up from the front desk on the way out. If you are unable to make this appointment, please call our office to reschedule at your soonest convenience. Please understand that appointment times will be very limited during this period of reopening...if you want a specific time/day, it may mean waiting several more weeks for that appointment.
We have taken significant steps to ensure your safety:
- There are plexiglass barriers that have been placed throughout the practice to ensure the safety of staff and patients
- The 6 foot physical distancing guideline will be enforced between all patients
- Handwashing and hand sanitizing stations will be in place
- Our already strict disinfecting and sterilization protocols will be enhanced and we will increase the frequency of disinfecting high touch areas such as the front door handle
- Dr. Budd has purchased a special external hepa filter suction to minimize the risk of any aerosols
We have missed each and every one of you and are very excited about the prospect of continuing with your orthodontic treatment. While this blip in your treatment progress may have delayed your overall treatment, it will not affect the final result. We thank you for your understanding and patience during this difficult time.
Take care and stay safe,
Dr. Budd and team